Disc ejects

Reaction score
I insert the disc, the mac makes the usual "crunch" noises, but then after that, it makes, some weird like "MMMMMM" noises first in 1 pitch then in a slightly higher pitch, then back to the other one. After that it ejects it automatically. I've tried with multiple CD's and DVD's. And it doesn't say nothing on the screen about an error or nothing. I hope some one can help!

Edit: This is kinda odd. I found this post

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/80330-macbook-wont-read-cd.html

And the weird thing is that the first time this happened was when I installed or just finished installing parrallels. Somthing tells me it might of been before I installed XP though, since I ran it through ISO. I'm not sure though, so don't leave it out of the question. Could it be somthing to do with parrallels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Could you provide us with a little more information? Is "the disc" a specific disc, or have you tried other CDs/DVDs as well?

1.) Use time machine to restore your mac to an earier state, if possible.

2.) Try holding down "option" on startup and inserting your OSX install disc. If you can boot from your OS install disc, you may be able to fix the problem.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks sevenhelmet, I have yet to try the strategies, but I'll try and comeback with results!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14" 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB DDR SDRAM/1st Gen 4GB Nano/2nd Gen 8GB Nano
wait i have the same problem
when sevenhelmet said to put the osx install disk in and press option how r we supposed to do that if the disk is ejected like 5 seconds after u put it in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
I may have misunderstood your problem. If it ejects the CD immediately every time you try it, and trying other discs doesn't work, your drive may be shot. I'd recommend taking to an Apple Store so they can check it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.