iMac USB drivers

E

esteyp

I have a G3 iMac and am trying to use a Netgear MA111 USB adapter. I downloaded the Dlink DWL-122 1.4.7 driver (by Intersil) which most forums say fixes problems in earlier versions and adds the ability to connect to the MA111. I checked the info.plist file and sure enough it lists Netgear. However, I don't get a peep out of the adapter. It cannot connect to anything. For reference I am using a Netgear WRG614 router, which connects fine with our XP machine and through the ehternet port to the iMac. (Please don't ask why we want this wireless!). Anybody know how I screwed up the configuration or if that is the problem?

Thanks
esteyp

OP
E

esteyp

Never Mind

OK - the problem is that I have a MA111V2 adapter, which has a different chipset than the MA111V1. The V2 has a chipset from Silicon Integrated Systems (SIS) - SIS 162, whereas the V! has a PRISM GT chipset from Intersil. The driver for the SIS 162 does not work with either Windows XP/SP2 or Mac OS X. Go figure which gets the priority. Maybe by summer . . . .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.