I'm worried; 4 dead pixels, one month old MB, I have kept it carefully; solutions?

Reaction score
Hey,

I am really worried, I bought a new MB 2.4 from Canada and brought it back to Pakistan. I found today while cleaning the screen that it has 4 dead pixels.

Please suggest me possibilities; will Apple replace it if i send it back?:[ Does this dead pixel thing happen very often?:Grimmace:

I am very disappointed in Apple Hardware, I used many laptops Vaio, HP but didn't encounter this :( here I am out of all options. Plz help me out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
I bought a refurbished product and from the looks of it, I believe I have about 10 dead pixels. Only a couple are the sort of multicolored ones but there are certain ones that just look like specs on the screen.

There was a picture posted of Apples requirements for you to send a product back and get a new display for dead pixels. I don't know how many, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hey,

I am really worried, I bought a new MB 2.4 from Canada and brought it back to Pakistan. I found today while cleaning the screen that it has 4 dead pixels.

Please suggest me possibilities; will Apple replace it if i send it back?:[ Does this dead pixel thing happen very often?:Grimmace:

I am very disappointed in Apple Hardware, I used many laptops Vaio, HP but didn't encounter this :( here I am out of all options. Plz help me out!

Here's Apple's "official" stance on the matter:
About LCD display pixel anomalies

According to some other reading, their criteria for authorizing repair on dead pixels is based on the number of dead pixels, the size of the screen (larger screens are "allowed" to have more dead pixels), and the proximity of the dead pixels to each other.

If you have a 13" screen on your MacBook, then chances are good that four dead pixels will be considered unacceptable and eligible for repair under warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
Hey,

Just contact Apple in your home country and see what your repair options are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
RETURN THAT CRAP IMMEDIATELY.... their is no way that you should have 4 dead pixels on your machine that quickly... I am sorry that you had to go home to another country to find that out, it really sucks bro.. I would complain and make apple pay the international shipping charge. As a matter of fact.. I DID.. which is how I know they will do it, so don't take no for an answer.

-luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.