Finder gives odd search results for created date

Reaction score
Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere. I didn't find anything in my search.

I attach to a Linux server via Samba. This server houses all of my music. If I try to search for "created date", I get hits back for "modified" date. If I check info on a particular file it shows the proper created date, but the find always shows files modified in the date range that I indicate, rather than the created date. This only seems to happen on network drives. My local drive appears to search properly.

Is this a known issue? I can actually do a "find" on the entire music volume, but I also can't see a way to add the "created date" column in the search results, so I can't sort on created date after I find all of the files. I just can't seem to see a way to get only files that were created in the past 2 days, for example, from this drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

OP
D
Reaction score
I can actually do a "find" on the entire music volume, but I also can't see a way to add the "created date" column in the search results, so I can't sort on created date after I find all of the files.

I tried Path Finder - and while I can't seem to add columns to the find results there either, it actually has created date as a default column. Are there other Finder alternatives that folks recommend? Path Finder also brings up "modified" files rather than "created" files, so I am guessing there is no fix for that, but a Finder alternative that is flexible enough can probably be a workaround.

Thanks.

Danita

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.