My iBook has a fan!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Well, I always knew it was in there, but today was the first time I've ever heard it come on. Now it has me slightly worried about internal temps., so I may look into some sort of ventilated platform/docking station (since it stays on my desk most of the time). Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
My fan comes on all the time in my powerbook.. I am definitely not worried about it though and I doubt that you should be either. iBooks run quite a bit cooler than the powerbooks so I wouldnt give it a second thought.. :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have an iBook and a Powerbook. As Murlyn has noted the Powerbook runs hotter than the iBook. My Powerbook fan comes on quite a bit. Whereas my iBook, I don't hear it that often. Just make sure you don't block the vents, and you should me all right. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I use a Tragus Chill Mat and it helps to keep it under 130F mostly when playing UT2003 or Vendetta. I have to say it helps a lot when i use it from the very begining, ifi just connect it when the iBook is already over 130F it takes time to cool down.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
What kind of surface did you have your iBook on at the time? Because whenever I have my iBook on and laying on the bed, that is the only instance the fan comes on.

Reaction score
yea guys .. no worries about cooling system in ibooks !
and by the way padawan i was worried like u !
so i chose to buy the tray cooler but mine runs with 2 big fans !! 3000 rpm and uses a usb to start and it gives u a free 3 usb slots !

its nice !!
maraya nice cooling tray !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.