trouble deleting files..

M

menace3054

I have two files in my trash can. both are empty folders. when i try to delete them, it says that they are in use.. how could that be if they are empty folders? any way i can find where they are in use and end the process? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
easiest thing is just to restart

OP
V

vtupser

You can close all programs open and then restart the finder by right clicking on the finder icon in the dock. I have the same problem if I email a file then try to delete it when Mail is open, but I close Mail it deletes.

OP
M

menace3054

i tried all that and it still wont let me.. its wierd, if i try doing secure delete, it says in use. but if i do normal delete, it says the icon is locked. But i checked it and neither are locked, and I have full access to write and read them. thanks for the help

OP
M

menace3054

i was able to delete them. i held down the option key so the warning wouldnt come up. thanks for your help though!

OP
G

Gar

when stuff like that happens i usually take the darwin route. works most times

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.