Control PC from Mac

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Which softwares are best to control a PC from my Mac, I'm trying to help someone abroad but she is using a PC and I want to teach that person stuff for Windows and other programs.... But I haven't found any good softwares that we both can download in order for this Mac to Control her PC...

Please Advice...

Thanks much...!

:)

Reaction score
Hi,
a lot of people love "logmein" but I personally don't like it cos it is web based ! The advantage of LogMeIn is that you dont have to bother with port forwarding.

Being quite familiar with port forwarding, I personally use UtlraVNC as a server and its SingleClick feature. This means that the server connects to your viewer client so the person beign assisted doesnt need to set up port forwarding. All you have to do is to create a small .exe using the online creator. Example here

On the Client side, I use RealVNC Enterprise (just the Client is for free) and it supports the "listen" mode so that the server can connect to it.

I tested it yesterday and it works fine ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.