• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

How can i UPload a high resolution/high quality video on youtube like this one?

Reaction score
pls take a look at the two youtube videos posted in this link:

YouTube HD Embeds | PhillyD.tv

take note of the first video and the high quality aspect ...compare to the 2nd video which is alot grainier and blurrier.

what settings in Imovie should i be using so that when i upload a webcam video it is as clear as the first video provided in the link?

the website talks about how to embed HD videos but not how to upload them

any help would be appreciated thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD
youtube allows you to upload in HD now. So any video that you upload, anybody has the option to turn it on HD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Oh how I love Marina and her words. <3

Reaction score
what is the definition of HD?
doesn't look like high definition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
OP
M
Reaction score
youtube allows you to upload in HD now. So any video that you upload, anybody has the option to turn it on HD.

ok but arent there certain settings in imovie which allow u to export the movie in an optimal level?

different settings have different quality outputs on youtrube right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
ok but arent there certain settings in imovie which allow u to export the movie in an optimal level?

different settings have different quality outputs on youtrube right?

See the first two guides on my page. Search the net for more. In the end, it is the basic rule of garbage in, garbage out. So, create the best quality you can. You may want to look at other video sites that may deliver better results. This has been discussed often hear, enough that I wrote guides, and so search this site should give you some further hits.

I haven't looked into the new HD stuff, but typically you have to upload a file of appropriate size. HD is not HQ (high quality) that they also have. That is usually accessed via a link to the lower right of the crappy default YouTube displays. When you upload the create both.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.