Fullscreen 1080p on LG - Help!

Reaction score
I have my mac mini, via HDMI, connected to an LG HD TV. The native resolution of the TV is 1920×1080. The problem is that these settings don't fill the entire screen. If I enable overscan, then the desktop goes beyond the actual screen size so that I can't see either the dock or the status bar.

Any suggestions???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You didn't give us any info regarding the Mac Mini... And I'm assuming you're using the correct resolution in display settings? I'm also assuming the LG is being used as the primary display for the Mini?

If the resolution is set correctly for the LG, about the only thing you can do to try to fill the screen is use whatever controls there are on the LG without over scanning. TV sets usually do not have as much control over the display properties as a computer monitor has so you may have to live with it.

What you might want to try... Instead of hooking the Mini via HDMI, go with a standard VGA cable and see if that makes a difference. Assuming the LG has an input for VGA. (Your Mini isn't going to display HiDef anyway.)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.