TICKED Off

Reaction score
On my pc i used to download tons of files at once, on my mac if i download more than 1 at once, one is fast, and the others are horribly slow. The browser is also slow as SNAILS when im downloading something. O and i have Optimum, so can any1 suggest something.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you may need to offer some more information. lots of people here have absolutely no issue with speed. add a few more details, take the expletives down a bit - so you don't attract the wrong sort of attention from the administration, and then maybe we can help you out.

OP
A
Reaction score
you may need to offer some more information. lots of people here have absolutely no issue with speed. add a few more details, take the expletives down a bit - so you don't attract the wrong sort of attention from the administration, and then maybe we can help you out.
Sorry for the Expletive (Tikked off) um what im saying is if im dowloading two music albums, which on a pc would download at the same speed, on my mac one of them would download fast and the other slow, and when the first one finishes the second one picks up the speed.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, that was pretty obvious. offer a little more, what's your network setup? what else uses it? what mac do you have? etc...

OP
A
Reaction score
yeah, that was pretty obvious. offer a little more, what's your network setup? what else uses it? what mac do you have? etc...
osx, and the internet set up? Linksys router, ethernet, i dont know what u mean.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
What are you using to download (bear the rules in mind please)?

If it's legal music off of bittorrent, you'll need to make sure port forwarding is set up correctly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
On my pc i used to download tons of files at once, on my mac if i download more than 1 at once, one is fast, and the others are horribly slow. The browser is also slow as SNAILS when im downloading something. O and i have Optimum, so can any1 suggest something.

If you want both of your downloads to run at the same speed I would try downloading igetter then once its installed when you go to download something right click and select download with i getter

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.