Connecting electric guitar to Macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi.

I've got an electric guitar from a friend but I don't have a Amp and neither money to buy one right now.
What I'd like to know is how to connect my electric guitar to my Macbook (it's not a Pro or a new Macbook) so that I can actually listen to what I'm playing in real time.
I know that the quality of the sound will be miserable but it's better than nothing! I've already bought a cable to connect my guitar to my Macbook and the jack to mini-jack adapter so I can connect it to the Line-in. I've already went to the Sound options and I've chosen Line-In as the input.
When I start Garage Band and choose a new real instrument track I can record what I play but what I'd like to know is how I can listen what I am playing louder instead of simply recording it.

Is there a way?

Peace.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
I use this - POD X3 It's not cheap either, it will set you back about $350 or so.

OP
J
Reaction score
But, isn't there a way to listen what I'm playing that doesn't involve spending money :p?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.