Looking for an App switcher

Reaction score
I was looking for an App Switching program for osx like the one in the old Macintosh (on the image top right).

I know there is something similar in osx by switching to finder then window but it only switches windows within one application.

Someone please help.

http://i33.tinypic.com/339k3g2.jpg

Reaction score
Have you looked into Quicksilver? (website, youtube video)

I love it to switch between apps or even start them. Wouldn't know how to live without it by now...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, i'm with DB - hotcorner expose, then you just go to your corner (mine is set for lower right since it's not very active otherwise for me), then from the display of all open windows you can select the one you want - super easy.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Yeah, lotta people lovin' the Quicksilver, but for launching apps I just invoke Spotlight (Cmd-Space) and type the first 1 or 2 letters of what I want. You might need to set this up in Spotlight prefs (enable search Applications).

But on to your actual question--->
To switch between two open apps, I press Cmd-Tab to cycle through all open apps. I use this OFTEN to switch between (for example) Word and Adobe Acrobat and Firefox when I'm building PDF forms.
Also, just learned today that if I have several windows open in the same app (for example, I'm working on 3 or 4 Word documents), I can switch between them by pressing Cmd-`). That ` is above Tab, with the ~ (on a US keyboard).

EDIT: @eric - helpful if you have only a few windows open, and lots of screen real estate. When I have 20 windows open on my 13" MacBook and I invoke Expose, it slows me down because they all look the same.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
all i have is a 13" macbook -and i use it all the time, sometimes with 8-10 windows open. no problems.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Come on eric, you have to concede that if you have 20 windows open on your MacBook (5 or 6 of which are Word documents) and you invoke Exposé, it's a little baffling as to which white box is the correct document...
I use Exposé all the time (top-right hotcorner) but it doesn't help me when I have too many things running.

OP
D
Reaction score
I should of said Classic app switching program. Like the one in the picture I posted, but I've found what I needed. vercruesse | de
You'd have to be a hardcore windows user to not know about quicksilver,expose and all that stuff..

Nice try guys thanks anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.