Menu problems (Java Problems I think)

Reaction score
Hi All,

I did some searching out here, but couldn't really find what I needed.

I think my Java is crashing, but not sure. The Leopard menu system basically allows one to click on a item. If there is a sub item, just hovering over it will open the sub menu. This all works fine for a while, but sometimes it stops working. I have to actually click and hold the mouse button down to have the sub menu open.

This seems to happen after browsing mostly and I'm thinking something out there is causing the menuing system to crash. Rebooting corrects it.

I'm running a mackbook (2 years old) and fully updated leopard. This has happened ever since I upgraded to leopard and I thought it was just an early bug and they would eventually correct it. It's been quite some time now and it still seems to have the problem.

Any ideas?

R

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
You do not provide enough information.

Are you talking about Leopard's menu bar at the top of the screen?

If so does this happen in all apps or just one specific app?

Why do you suspect Java? OSX Leopard was not programmed in Java and *most* though not all apps for the Mac are not developed in Java either.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Del.

I'm referring to Leopard's menu at the top whether running an application or not. I thought the menu system was java based, but maybe I'm wrong. It doesn't really matter I guess. THe problem is that the menuing interface doesn't work properly occasionally, as described in my previous post. Once it stops working, I have to reboot.

To be more specific, if I click on the apple logo, then hover over to "recent items", it will open up the recent items as soon as I hover over it. But, when it stops working, I have to click on "recent items" and hold the mouse button down for the sub menu to open. Hope that makes sense.

I don't know what causes it. If it's a rouge application I use or some website I visit, but it happens quite frequently. It seems to cause havoc with the menuing system.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

R

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.