Linking 2 Monitors

Reaction score
This may be in the wrong section.....

I have a Mac Power PC G4 running MAC OS X V 10.4.11

I have one LCD Monitor linked at the moment but I want to add another monitor using either a VGA or DVI Slot. Can I do this? and can I have it set up so I can share my screens. I do a lot of web and graphic design and the two monitors would really be a big help.

What is the best way to achieve this.

Thanks
Marty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
It is very easy - add a PCI card, not a PCIe, to any of the open slots and add the monitor. In Displays you tell the machine which is the primary monitor and off you go. It is that easy. Make sure the video card is Mac capable as some PC versions will not work. I preferred to stay with ATI in my G4s as it was the flavour of the day.

If your G4 is on the original video card you may think about getting a newer version which is an AGP and it may have 2 DVI ports and gets you up to current connections and a better video card to boot. AGP video cards are getting hard to find so this may be a wise move if you plan on holding onto the G4 for a while. Look for ATI 9200 or 9600.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.