OS X not recognizing cd's?

V

vuschejan

Ok,

For those of you that read my previous post where I had to reset the PVU, afterwards I just tried to put in a blank cd -rw. Usually OS X asks me what I want to call it and it instantly mounts. Instead, I'm getting a message that says it contains no volumes OSX can read. I'm not sure if this is hardware or software so I put it here, any ideas?

OP
D

Desolate One

Is this a different brand of CD-RWs from your usual brand that you're using? Have you tried another one? Could just be a bad disk. Do you typically use 3rd party burning software? If so see if that program will acknowledge the disk. Also try Disk Utility, see if that will acknowledge it.

OP
V

vuschejan

Desolate One said:
Is this a different brand of CD-RWs from your usual brand that you're using? Have you tried another one? Could just be a bad disk. Do you typically use 3rd party burning software? If so see if that program will acknowledge the disk. Also try Disk Utility, see if that will acknowledge it.

I'm not using a different brand of CD-RW's
I have tried another one, and then another one
I was using a trial of Toast... I think me removing it screwed something up
I don tthink disk utility works....
I tried putting the Toast demo on again, but it just doesnt respnd anymore

OP
V

vuschejan

Blam!

I fixed it, I went to system prefs, and then to CD and DVD and changed the program that comes up when they start.

OP
D

Desolate One

vuschejan said:
Blam!

I fixed it, I went to system prefs, and then to CD and DVD and changed the program that comes up when they start.

There ya go! That was my next guess. I had a similar issue when I switched my burning software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.