Problem viewing video streams on certain websites.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, on black friday, I paid a visit to J&R Music World in Manhattan and purchased a black macbook with the 2.4ghz chip as well as 250gb hard drive and 2gb ram. It cost me $1099 which was a sick price. I ordered a 4gb ram kit made by kingston especially for apple computers and installed it. I also activated applecare. Everything works fantastic and I am really getting used to the mac osx leopard OS and I am really enjoying the fact that the computer has not even frozen once since I got it.

Now onto my question, I noticed that on some websites, I am unable to view video streams. I am talking about the two or three minute clips that many news sites post on top of their articles. These all work on windows computers that my sister has in the house. I have flip4mac and perian installed. I was under the impression that those two would take care of these issues but I guess not. I know the flip4mac is working because it does indeed kick in on sites that utilize windows media player. Anyhow, hoping you guys can help me with that streaming issue. Thanks

OP
C
Reaction score
I should add that I have all the updates from apple installed and I am using the safari browser. I will be happy to provide the sites I have been experiencing the problems with if you guys need it.

OP
C
Reaction score
You probably need to update your flash plugin.

Adobe - Adobe Flash Player
I just did that and it didn't fix the problem. Let me explain to you what happens. On the page where the video is supposed to run, the flip4mac opens up with the play button etc on the bottom. when I click the pay button, instead of the video starting, a number "-19160" appears in the space to the right of the play button. Hope this helps. Thanks so much in advance.

OP
C
Reaction score

Thanks, those two people are having the same problems as I am having and that is the exact error and screen that I get. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like those people found a resolution to the problem. Maybe someone here can take a guess at the problem being that the situation has been made clearer with the screenshot that guy posted. I am hoping someone can help me because I know that the streams that are proving difficult for my mac are working perfectly on my windows computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.