Can you figure this out?

Reaction score
I am the IT Administrator at my company. We have a public website as well as an MX record for mail. At home I have a few PCs and a Macbook that I've had for a year or so, but it's my first mac. All computers at home are running through an Apple Airport wireless base station. Now here's the problem.....All the PCs INCLUDING a virtual windows machine that I am running on the Mac can resolve our public website and OWA, but the Mac cannot!! I've tried rebooting the airport, I've tried different browsers, I've tried flushing the local cache, etc.....Still can't. I just get a "Server can't be found" error......Any suggestions? I'm stumped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro with 4 GB of RAM, 200GB HD, 256MB of VRAM, 15 inch display
is it just a .html page? i do not think osx supports outlook btw, but i am not sure...have u tried reinstalling ur browser and restarting the computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
Try pinging the site using the name. See if the ping brings back a response and also if it is resolving the IP correctly.

OP
T
Reaction score
Yeah, tried all that. Can't ping by name or IP. HOWEVER, I can ping the same servers from the Windows VIRTUAL machine installed on this MAC!?!?!? Crazy. It is an issue with OSx or my Mac, but NOT DNS or the NIC.......thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
Might have tired this, but have you tested it in Firefox for the Mac?

I'm not aware of any issues OWA or Exchange have with Mac's. Does your Mac connect through some sort of Proxy?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.