Sync MBP with flash drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro with 4 GB of RAM, 200GB HD, 256MB of VRAM, 15 inch display
Hi all,
I am a student which requires me to transfer data frequently to and from my home computer (MBP) and the mac computers at my school. My data transfer process is as follows, create a file on my MPB, copy it to my flashdrive, edit the file at school (off of my flashdrive, not the school's local HD or server), then i edit the files off of my flashdrive on my home computer (most of the time of the flashdrive, occasionally off the MBP HD, cause otherwise managing different versions would be impossible... However, I can do the MBP->flashdrive sync by myself). While the large capacity of the flash drive does function effectively as a server, I am worried about losing the flashdrive or having it fail. That is why I am looking for an app that syncs the file from the flashdrive to the mac.... making the mac a backup of the flashdrive. Anyone have any ideas how to do and/or which applications I could use? Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo / 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / 80GB HD
I've found SilverKeeper to be pretty straight-forward and simple.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks, that sounds pretty! im gonna try out the app now

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am having a problem with SilverKeeper. The program is not letting me select my boot drive as my back-up drive....any idea why? Once again, I am trying to back-up my flashdrive to my MBP HD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Weird, I am able to select any mounted drive as a source or destination. Perhaps there is a permissions issue?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so i should be able to backup the contents of my flashdrive to my MBP? btw i gave full read and write to all groups, no change

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*shoulder shrug*

out of ideas at the moment. I'll let you know if I think of anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.