Best iPhone file browser

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering what you all think is the best file browser for the iPhone. There are so many out there it's really hard to tell. Ideally I'd want a free one (obviously :p ). I already have Discover but I find it to be quite slow (especially in starting up), and crashes quite often. Also all the adverts drive me crazy (however I realise this is how they fund it).

I was wondering what you're opinions are when it comes to the file browsing apps? What is/are the very best one/s? I'm more than willing to pay for a good one, but I can never tell quite how well it will suite my needs without trying it out or reading a good review (instead of these two sentence ones on the app store), and obviously I'm reluctant to purchase one in the 'hope' that it will be good and worth the money.

So yeah, enlighten me :Cool:

Thanks guys!!

Luke

OP
lukenn77
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
oh, just to add... I'd need it to work with Word 2008 and also are there any out there that play -.avi video files? Or is this simply impossible?

Thanks again,

Luke

Reaction score
i use an app called air sharing ( it was £1.49 i think) in the app store, simple app if you just want to view files, it mounts as a small drive on you desktop ( access it through finder/go/connect to server, you can then just drag and drop files into it, pretty simple, no video though and you cant forward files via email which would be usefull, maybe check it out..

i also use isilo for more complex files/books that have sub menus etc, it is £5.99 in the app store..check it out..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Sean - welcome to the forum! :) Just for the record, you replied to an 8 year old thread that will likely receive little traffic, if any. If you really think the app is worthwhile, you might want to look for a much more recent thread and re-post. A moderator may come along and close this one? Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Dave:

He's a spammer. Post was removed.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not a spammer just a newbie

That's why you weren't banned. If I thought you were a professional spammer pushing a product you would be gone. Keep that in mind. ;)

And Welcome to our forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.