Macbook Charger Won't Work?!?

Reaction score
I took my macbook into a cold area last night to show my friends a video I had on it.* When I brought my macbook in I plugged it in and noticed the charger light wouldn't even turn on when plugged in.* This gave me a lot of grief, but I was hoping it was a result from the cold and would fix itself when warmed up.* I took the battery out and let it get warm through the night, and woke up in the middle of the night trying the charger several times. It worked once, and that was enough relief to put me to sleep... but when I unplugged it in the morning ( to see if everything was fine ) and plugged it back in, it sadly wouldn't charge anymore.* I believe my macbook says it has 670 charge cycles on it ( it still has 67 percent charge but I don't want to use it unless I must ) I just don't know what it is, the battery... or the charger.* I wish I had an apple store around me, but sadly I don't.* Any suggestions? Edit: I also had the charger in the cold area....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I had a charger go out on my new MacBook. The light didn't come on. Sometimes the notebook would think it was charging sometimes it would not. Try using a friend's charger or one at the Apple Store before buying one in case it is the battery.

OP
J
Reaction score
I had a charger go out on my new MacBook. The light didn't come on. Sometimes the notebook would think it was charging sometimes it would not. Try using a friend's charger or one at the Apple Store before buying one in case it is the battery.

I sadly don't have a friend with a charger, and as already stated I don't have an Apple Store around me. I don't think it can be the battery because I am on it right now.. ( still not charging ) but the percent is going down rather slowly as usual. It just seems weird that it will charged perfectly last night, but now it isn't working at all... Here is my System Power settings

Battery Installed: Yes
First low level warning: No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 2657
Remaining Capacity (mAh): 1819
Amperage (mA): -1586
Voltage (mV): 11413
Cycle Count: 603
Anyone know of a way to charge the battery without plugging it in?

OP
J
Reaction score
I guess I will have to live without my laptop until after the christmas holidays. ( That is when I will finally have enough money to buy a new charger... or get it repaired )

OP
J
Reaction score
I guess it was my charger after all. I just purchased a new charger and it is working. I still don't understand what happened to my charger though... ( no rips in the cord ) I am just happy to have my macbook back.

Reaction score
I guess it was my charger after all. I just purchased a new charger and it is working. I still don't understand what happened to my charger though... ( no rips in the cord ) I am just happy to have my macbook back.

It's probably the cold or maybe it's a defected charger maybe?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.