• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Putting movie on macbook

Reaction score
Not sure where this goes, so I thought I would start it here. I bought the movie Wanted, and it came with a digital copy to put on my mac. I followed the directions, but when it came double click Wanted under Devices in the Navigation Bar in iTunes, it wasnt there. I know where the devices tab is, because it comes up everytime I plug my ipod in. Does anyone know why it wouldnt be showing up? Or how to get it there?

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Dude your question is not very clear i.e. badly worded.

Are you saying you can't find the movie in your itunes library from within itunes?

If you bought it and "it came with a digital copy to put on my mac" why not just put it on your mac by copying it within the finder?

OP
S
Reaction score
Here are instructions in a round a bout way.

1. put movie in
2. Quit Apple DVD Player.
3. Open iTunes
4. Double click Wanted under the devices tab in the navigation menu on the left hand side.
5. Follow iTunes instructions.

I am saying, Wanted is not showing up under devices, and I want to know why or how to get it to show up.

What do you mean copying it within finder? When I go to finder and click on wanted, it has audio and video choices. there is nothing under audio, and a lot under video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
Audio_TS and Video_TS open DVD player or VLC, whatever you use and drag the Video_TS folder on top of the program and it will play :)

The Audio_TS is not needed and can be trashed.

OP
S
Reaction score
I dont want to play it on my macbook. It already does it through the Apple DVD player. I want to be able to download it to itunes so I can put it on my ipod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.