Error message for Boot Camp partition

Reaction score
When i boot into Vista at the boot ing Windows Vista black screen, i get an error message that says...

Warning: unrecognized partition table for drive 80. please rebuild it using a Microsoft-compatible FDISK tool(err=4)
System tyhpe is NTFS, partition type 0x7

then it goes, and lists that a couple more times, then it boots into Vista.

This is the whole issue...
I just had an internal drive crash, so I purchased a 1TB and installed it into my 2ghz iMac. Everything went great, and now I am in the midst of reinstalling all my apps. I then partitioned the drive for 53 gigs with Boot Camp and installed Vista 32bit with sp1. And when I boot into the Boot Camp partition, that is the error I get, but then it finally after listing that about 4 or so times boots fine into Vista. I have installed many things now on that partition under Windows and everything seems perfect with it, it is just I get that error.

Will this cause any problems? Will Disc Utility read any errors with that partition on the Mac side?

Anyone seen that before?

Thanks!

OP
V
Reaction score
haha, this is certainly not a pirated copy.
I needed this for my business, first Microsoft product I have ever purchased in my 20+ years of being an Apple user. Ruined a beautiful streak!

When I get home I'll give those two links a try and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks a lot!

Jordan

Reaction score
I've done it! But, my vista installation is not genuine. How i can make it genuine.. I've read from many forums on the internet. After i run the Microsoft Vista Activator and restart my comp. I got the blank screen and appears an error msg like before but the product key is work well. How can i change it? If i install one of them, they back like before...
any solution?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.