Future Date Mail App

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Hope things are going great for you. I've tried doing some searching but can't seem to find the answer to my question.

Is there a way to future date an email message in Mail to be sent at a later time rather than immediately? I know you can save drafts, but that requires you to go back and send it manually.

Thanks for any info.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you are comfortable unix shell scripting. you can create a shell script to create the mail and send when you want it to using the unix at command.

OP
youthpastor
Reaction score
Never done that before. Pretty easy to do? Any links to point me in the right direction?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
How much in the future are you looking at?

Reaction score
Just a thought, not tried it, and I may be talking rubbish but:

What about setting up a "to do" task in iCal, for the date you want the email sent. There is the facility in there to send an email to anywhere.

Neil

OP
youthpastor
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to type an email out and then choose for it to send the following morning around 6:00 AM.

I send out a daily encouragement and sometimes like typing up some ahead of time for several days worth of encouragements. Would be nice if I could figure out a way to designate for one to send out each day from the mail drafts instead of having to manually do it.

Thanks for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I would think automator could do it. I know cron can ;) and you could use mail, since it's a CLI based program (man mail). You can set it to send a a text file as the body.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.