Connecting to tv

.jb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB Black iPhone 3G | 13" Black Macbook 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD @ 7200rpm
What exactly would be the best way to connect my macbook to a tv?

i would like to basically use the tv as the screen and sound (to watch movies, play games, or just surf the internet from my couch with my iphone..)

composite, componet, svideo, hdmi are all inputs i have on my current receiver for my projector so im open to any of those connections to my macbook

thanks for your help :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)
Just get an adapter...if it's for your Black book, get a Mini-dvi to dvi adapter then a dvi to HDMI cable to your tv. For sound just use a 3.5mm wire to connect from your headphones port to the audio in on your tv (one of the ipod to carr audio cables ;)).

Apple Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

try searching the Buy/Sell forum i'm sure someone has an extra

OP
.jb

.jb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks alot ^^

i appreciate it

OP
.jb

.jb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
didnt work out so easily unfortunately

video is working just fine but im getting no audio when i connect the 1/8" to RL cable to the audio ports i get no audio..

im pretty sure its because HDMI supports audio and video, but since the mac is only outputting video through the mini dvi port and not audio youd have to go out the headphone jack.. but unless theres a way to connect them that ive done wrong im out of ideas

any one else have the solution?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.