Need help with Mac Mail and gmail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PM G4 1.25 FW800 240GB 2GB OS X.5, PB G4 1GHz DVI 60GB 1GB OS X.4
I am having a problem setting up Mac mail to connect to gmail through IMAP. I have followed the instructions on gmail, but it still does not get mail. In the Mail window the Inbox has a triangle with an exclamation point inside it.
It has this error "There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Check the settings for account “Gmail” or try again.

The server error encountered was: The connection to the server “imap.gmail.com” on port 993 timed out".
I can send mail, but it has the triangle with the exclamation point and I get the same unable to connect message, except I have the option to "Stay Offline" or "Take All Accounts Online".

I don't know if this matters, I am using OS X.5 on a PM G4 Dual 1.25. I am connected by ethernet to my router ( Westell 7500). I have port forwarding setup and OS X Firewall to allow all incoming connections.

I can't figure out what I am overlooking. Thanks for your help.

GmailInst.png

SysPref.png

MacMail.png

OP
ferrara1211
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PM G4 1.25 FW800 240GB 2GB OS X.5, PB G4 1GHz DVI 60GB 1GB OS X.4
Ok, I changed my Firewall setting on my router and now it's working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.