Windows On Imac Virus software?

Reaction score
As a newbie to the Mac family, I got my Imac on Friday and needed Windows to run 3 programs that don't work on the Mac system. I found a copy of Windows XP at my local Best Buy yesterday and miraculously I installed my first ever operating system with ease.

Since it's a Windows program, do I need to install an anti-virus software on the XP side of my Imac? I only have 3 programs on it plus my printer. Joys of having specialized software..lol.

If something gets through, will it affect the Mac operating system as well?

Any software that can be recommended if I do need it? I had AVG, Zone Alarm, and Ad-Aware on my old computer. Each was a pain to use.

If I don't use the internet on the XP side, do I even need software to protect it?

I didn't see anything answering the questions when I went through the posts.

Thank you so much for your time. In the 3 days that I've had my Imac, I LOVE it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If you use your Windows on the net yes and AVG version 8 seems to be the best of the free options.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.