Dead pixel in PB G4 15in display...

Reaction score
I've had my G4 powerbook (15in) for only about 7 months now, and I already have a dead pixel in the lower right of my screen...
I doubt this is normal, but correct me if I'm wrong?

Also... does any know if a dead pixel is covered in the Apple Care plan, and if it is, would Apple repair my moniter for me?

Thanks,
-Kev

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
For Apple to do anything you will need to have about seven of them. You can massage the area of the dead pixel litely. There have been cases where this action resolved the revived the dead pixel. That was the case for me some time ago.

OP
M
Reaction score
PS- upon closer inspection, theres about 4 dead pixels all together. There is one that is very dark, and 3 other slightly dark ones surrounding it.
I mean... its pretty noticable...
Think Apple would give a ****?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can take it in, but Apple said seven or more. It would not hurt to take it in, you might get lucky.

OP
M
Reaction score
Would I have to mail it out someplace? At a mall in Cincinnati near me, there is an apple store- Would I call / take it there do you think?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would goto the Apple store

Reaction score
Most companies usually require 6-8 dead pixils, but I also think some have policies based on how close the dead pixils are. A few right next to eachother is very noticable, and should be replaced.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.