new macbook pro unibody used

miu

Reaction score
that's MY problem, buddy!

I have EXACTLY the same temptation!

With the same computer too!

Well, my considerations: which computer do you have currently?
For what are you using the computer predominantly? And how (do you carry it a lot etc.)?
The 2.5 is a great machine, really tested on the road and it have had no problems along the years. On the other side, the new unidoby is really great, and it is absolutely robust.
It's hard, man!
Really hard to decide, with those prices!
Let me know what you decide, plez. I'm in a mess too for this ;)

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro unibody
yeah im 12 and have not had a laptop yet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod touch 32gb first gen. MacBook, iBook G4 and a broken PowerBook G4 15"
Go for the Pro!

miu

Reaction score
well, in this case I would suggest the MacBook. It is a really a robust machine, even if the old macbook pro has a good graphics board.
The new mac book (the unibody aluminium) is also lighter (2 kilos instead of the 2.45 of the 15) and a great monitor. I think that 13'' would be more than enough for a everyday use. Really portable and robust!

miu

Reaction score
another thing: refurbish is not new. It could be that it will come with some scratches. If you're ok with that, it works fine. But you have to know that refurbish was owned by someone before!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP
Apple sells quality refurbished machines. The performance and display quality will be better than the new MB. Besides, the MBP will even have FW400.

Reaction score
Macbook Pro. It is the last of the previous gen so all the kinks were worked out. Point of fact on refurbished, I bought one for my wife. Hers did have a problem, but this is Apple we are talking about. When she gets home we are sending it off for repairs no questions asked and if that fails we have promise of a new machine as in a NEW MBP. Apple quality is good since Asus is the ODM, so you know it is a quality product.

Being 12, it is probably going to need to last you for a few years. So I would say get the most power for your money with the most expandability. That would be the MBP. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro | 2.8Ghz C2D | 4 Gigs Ram | 512 Meg 9600 GT | 320 Gig Hdd
BEing 12, you will want to play games. So get the MBP. My Penryn MBP I just sold was an awesome gaming rig, playing crysis with no problems. My new MBP is even better, however the new MB will not be so good with an integrated video chipset.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4Ghz Late 2008 Edition
Better speakers really shouldn't be a deciding factor in which laptop you choose to purchase since you can buy a great set of external speakers for $30 or so.

But to answer your question, I have no idea, but I would assume it would be the MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
I would choose the MPB. I really think the only thing you would gain from the new MB is just having the latest and greatest.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro unibody
New macbook pro-refurb

when will the new macbook pro be available refurbished?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)
He means, it will come out when the ones returned are up to Apple's standards. This also means he has no idea...lol...but they will be out soon enough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP
I have been curious about this also and have checked the Apple Store from time to time. It will certainly drive the previous generation prices down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Seems like Amazon's new pricing beats Apple's refurb

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro unibody
Does anyone know where i can get a used unibody macbook pro?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Some should appear soon enough on eBay and Craig's list - just be super careful purchasing anything from either of those places.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.