ipod 30g stuck on apple logo

Reaction score
I have an ipod 30g that i haven't used in a few months. Now when i go to turn it on the only things that shows show up are the apple logo and sometimes the very low battery message. I held the menu and center button for 7 sec and screen goes blank for 1 sec then back to the apple logo. It also will not show up in itunes. These are the methods that i tried to repair it and none of them worked.

1. reseting it by hold every combination of buttons that you can think of.
2. toggling of the hold switch.
3. plugging it into a wall outlet overnight.
4. smacking it against a hard surface.

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Until it has a reasonable charge, that is what you will see.

Are you sure the charger works?

When charging you should see something indicating it is doing so.

OP
C
Reaction score
yes im absolutely sure that the charger is working. i tried it on another ipod plus i tried the wall charger. ive been on google for 4 hrs now trying to find something

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That 30GB iPod has a Hard Drive and I would not go smacking it against a hard surface if I were you.

My 10GB 3g iPod's Hard Drive just died due to that but this was an accident at a restaurant and not deliberate. Friend accidently bumped his drink and it was all over me and going for my new Canon camera and iPod. In the rush to save all my stuff the iPod got banged. End of Hard Drive.

You have tried everything I can think of. If you plug it into a computer does it show up at all like say in Disk Utility in OSX? Hard Drive might have died. If you let it sit at the Apple Logo for say 10 minutes, does a folder ever show with a ?

OP
C
Reaction score
that sucks about your ipod. i read somewhere that people "loosen up" their hard drives by hitting it. i checked disk utilities and nothing. i opened it up and disconnected the battery and reconnected it and still the same thing, the blue spongy stuff inside looked a bit discolored and smelled like perfume so i think it might be spill damage so i guess there is nothing i can do for it now.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I actually found a 20GB hard drive for it on Ebay and it's on it's way to me. Should take care of the issue.

Sorry about your 30GB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Reaction score
I have an ipod 30g that i haven't used in a few months. Now when i go to turn it on the only things that shows show up are the apple logo and sometimes the very low battery message. I held the menu and center button for 7 sec and screen goes blank for 1 sec then back to the apple logo. It also will not show up in itunes. These are the methods that i tried to repair it and none of them worked.

1. reseting it by hold every combination of buttons that you can think of.
2. toggling of the hold switch.
3. plugging it into a wall outlet overnight.
4. smacking it against a hard surface.

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My iPod Touch is stuck on the Apple logo when rebooting. Reset doesn't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.