• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Recent Simpsons episode spoofs Apple

Reaction score
-Sir it's not even turned on yet.
-But it's glowing.
-But that light confirms that is off.
;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Awwh! Can only be streamed to people in the USA. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook - 2GHZ - 1GB RAM - 80GB HD - 500GB External HD - 8GB iPod Touch
Ooow i really wanted to see this but im in the UK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
I wish the Simpsons would just go away. They haven't been funny in years IMHO. I watch it and I just say "Ok...."

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the do stuff like this with apple all the time. though this was probably the longest riff on the subject.

still a loyal fan since i watched them on Tracey Ullman. Still funnier than most sitcoms on tv - though they did peak in season 8.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I think one of the Halloween specials where the iPods take over the Earth and make humans their slaves was pretty funny. Whipping them with the ear phones. >_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That was pretty funny

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I think one of the Halloween specials where the iPods take over the Earth and make humans their slaves was pretty funny. Whipping them with the ear phones. >_<"

nope, not a halloween, it was the ice cream truck episode - marge's statue of homer is the last piece of art left, and outside the museum the ipods are whipping humans "we just love whipping!".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0ghz Core Duo 1 Gig Ram 80Gig HD, iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo 1gig RAM 320gig HD
nope, not a halloween, it was the ice cream truck episode - marge's statue of homer is the last piece of art left, and outside the museum the ipods are whipping humans "we just love whipping!".

I think you may both be right. I am pretty sure I remember more than one episode where ipods take over the world.

I could be wrong though

As for this episode I didn't see the full episode, but I watched the clip that night and I thought it was hilarious. Simpsons is one of my favorite shows though so I may be a little biased

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Thanks for the correction? I remember it now that you gave a synopsis of the episode, I also remember seeing it somewhere else too?

Kind of hard to believe that a huge wooden statue made from popsicles would be the last surviving piece of artwork.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Reaction score
The YouTube video has been removed by Fox. How nice of them. UK people are still not able to see it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.