Alternative E-mail Applications?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, White 80GB iPod 5th Generation
Does anyone here use any alternate e-mail applications?

I can't use Mail nor am I interested in using Mail because I primarily use a Hotmail Account.

Microsoft Office 2008 has decided to break and not run any applications anymore so Microsoft Entourage is out the window...

Are there any others out there that you guys can recommend? I don't want web-based e-mail browsers either... It has to be an Application!

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why not try to resolve the problem with Office 2008 first? Re-install?

As for alternate mail applications, you could try the free "Thunderbird" mail and news from Mozilla.

Thunderbird - Reclaim your inbox

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, White 80GB iPod 5th Generation
I have reinstalled Office 2008 and also deleted the plists, tried entering all the serials and stuff again but it just comes up with an Error Report when I try to open an application.

Anyone got any suggestions for that? And thanks for the Thunderbird suggestion!
EDIT: I can't use Thunderbird with Hotmail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
you have to have a paid subscription to use hotmail with a desktop email application
you could get Zimbra Desktop, which is an all in one collaboration Suite
Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.