G4 laptop won't start

Reaction score
I have a G4 laptop that is about 2 years old. It was working fine then died when I was in the middle of something. My computer literate friend has tried everthing to reboot it but it just won't start up. When I try to turn it on it beeps 3 times and the front light blinks quickly 4 times. Is this a message to say what is wrong? Do you think this is a fixable problem?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Three beeps means that no RAM passed testing upon startup. Either your RAM went bad or the memory banks themselves went bad. Try again with some other RAM stick and see if you get the same results.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Three beeps means that no RAM passed testing upon startup. Either your RAM went bad or the memory banks themselves went bad. Try again with some other RAM stick and see if you get the same results.

It's possible your lower RAM slot is defective. It was a common problem with powerbooks.

If you try it with new RAM and the same thing still happens, remove the RAM from the lower slot, and leave a stick of RAM in the top slot and see if it works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.