"Safari cannot find the Internet plug-in."

Reaction score
"Safari cannot find the Internet plug-in." is the pop-up I get when I try to view a video on my new iMac. The video is at:American Flyers - FAA Knowledge Test Preparation

The pop-up goes on to say: 'The page "American Flyers - FAA Knowledge Test Preparation" has content of MIME type "application/x-mplayer2". Because you don't have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can't be displayed.'

Would someone please tell me there is an easy fix for this? When this type of problem cropped up in my PC world, Windows usually had a link to install the plug-in. I don't see this on my iMac.

Sam

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response.

This will be the first third-party software I add to my iMac. I thought a big selling point of Macs is that there wasn't alot of that; the Macs "just works."

The Flip4Mac website seems to imply that I will be getting a trial version. Is that correct? Will I need to buy it?

Sam

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No, but unless you pay (Just like with Quicktime and Quicktime Pro) you can not save videos or edit or convert.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.