Powerbook problems

Reaction score
I have an original G4 Powerbook, excellent condition, but I haven't used it for a couple of years. It no longer turns on. I was wanting to save my photos, and other personal files. I took out the hard drive, and bought the RocketFish hard drive holder. I need another MAC to transfer everything. I found an old iMAC G3 on Craigslist for $50, can I use this to transfer my information to?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
I have an original G4 Powerbook, excellent condition, but I haven't used it for a couple of years. It no longer turns on. I was wanting to save my photos, and other personal files. I took out the hard drive, and bought the RocketFish hard drive holder. I need another MAC to transfer everything. I found an old iMAC G3 on Craigslist for $50, can I use this to transfer my information to?

It's Mac* .

Yes you can transfer the info off of your old hard drive to the iMac. Once your operating system has loaded, simply plug in the usb cable to the RocketFish holder and into the iMac's usb port and transfer the files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.