do all usb keyboards work with Macbook pro?

Reaction score
I wanted to use an external usb keyboard and mouse (I am going to use the apple mouse) for editing purposes and I was just wondering if I could buy any usb external keyboard to use with it. Do all of them work?

I dont see why they wouldnt but I just wanted to know for sure

thanks
-haley

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I wanted to use an external usb keyboard and mouse (I am going to use the apple mouse) for editing purposes and I was just wondering if I could buy any usb external keyboard to use with it. Do all of them work?

I dont see why they wouldnt but I just wanted to know for sure

thanks
-haley
Yup, pretty much.

You'd only need to check if it's a keyboard with some super-fancy additional features...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo, PPC G4
Most should work but special keys might not function correctly. Most Logitech and Microsoft keyboards have software for the Mac that lets you program the keys for quick launching of applications. Check the manufacturer's website for compatibility, however, since some keyboards, even Logitech and MS ones, are not fully compatible with Macs. I use both Logitech and MS keyboards and the software for the MS keyboards is much better (more extensive) than that for Logitech keyboards.

Claire

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.