PowerBooks

Reaction score
powerbook is just an older, somewhat outdated macintosh laptop. Still useful and you can probably get one pretty cheap although it will almost certainly be used. But don't expect to equal a brand new macbook with a powerbook. The macbook is just the latest apple laptop and has been around in a couple incarnations for a few years.

EDIT: forgot to give a where: ebay would definitely have several. probably amazon. maybe some less known retailers. I'd do a google search

OP
M
Reaction score
powerbook is just an older outdate macintosh laptop. Still useful and you can probably get one pretty cheap although it will almost certainly be used. But don't expect to equal a mac with a powerbook. The macbook is just the latest apple laptop and has been around in a couple incarnations for a few years.

Does a Powerbook come with the built in cam?

Also do you know what the cheapest refurbished MacBook is?

and one more question, what is the difference with a MacAir?

Reaction score
"Does a Powerbook come with the built in cam?"
No, I'm not even sure the technology was around when they were new but they definitely do not have one.

"Also do you know what the cheapest refurbished MacBook is?"
Unfortunately no I don't, sorry. You could try buying one used, again off of ebay or amazon.

"what is the difference with a MacAir?"
I assume you mean that Macbook Air. It's just an extremely thin macbook designed for maximum portability. The major difference is thickness; it's extremely thin even for a macbook. The Macbook Air doesn't have any ROM drives (such as a CD-ROM). Other than those two differences, it's a regular macbook. there maybe some small other technical differences but probably nothing you'll really notice.

OP
M
Reaction score
No, I'm not even sure the technology was around when they were new but they definitely do not have one.

Unfortunately no I don't, sorry. You could try buying one used, again off of ebay or amazon.

I assume you mean that Macbook Air. It's just an extremely thin macbook designed for maximum portability. The major difference is thickness; it's extremely thin even for a macbook. The Macbook Air doesn't have any ROM drives (such as a CD-ROM). Other than those two differences, it's a regular macbook. there maybe some small other technical differences but probably nothing you'll really notice.

No CD Drive is not good :[. The cheapest refurbished MacBook I seen was 950$ too :/. Trying to get one for maybe 6-700 for my cousin.

Reaction score
yeah mac's do tend to be expensive, but they are excellent computers. I just picked up a powerbook 1400cs at an electronics drive. It's over 10 years old easy and runs great (although it's been upgraded once or twice).

I would definitely try googling, you may find something good. You never know until you try :)

OP
M
Reaction score
yeah mac's do tend to be expensive, but they are excellent computers. I just picked up a powerbook 1400cs at an electronics drive. It's over 10 years old easy and runs great (although it's been upgraded once or twice).

I would definitely try googling, you may find something good. You never know until you try :)

Thank you for your help :]. I'll try it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

It really depends on what you use your computer for.
All of my needs are fulfilled and then some on a 1.67GHz Aluminum powerbook. They tend to be in the $400-$500 price range. I think they're worth it as they're absolutely gorgeous.

1st generation MacBooks sell for about $500 on eBay.

Newer MacBooks are about $7-$800 on eBay.

MacBook Airs are garbage, stay away from them.

If you're an average Joe computer user, you can get a 1GHz Titanium powerbook off of eBay for about $300 and have a pretty fast computer with a nice big 15" screen.

The difference between the powerbook and MacBook is the processor. Powerbooks use "Power PC" processors which are single core whereas MacBooks use Intel dual core processors which are faster. However the screen size is greatly compromised as MacBooks only have 13.3" screens.

Reaction score
i just got my powerbook G4 for $300. I also purchased a 500GB western digital HD for $114.00 and OS X 10.5 Leopard for $129.00 from Apple. So for around $550 i have a perfect condition computer with a 15" screen, 500GB hard drive, 1GB ram, and OS X 10.5. Its a great deal.

Reaction score
Powerbooks are like the old macbook pro's but no webcam and slower. They seem to have a very good resale value for their age. Great computer if you can get a good deal. Its what I use. I like it better than the macbook simply because I like the macbook pro style case and that I can get a pro looking 15" screen or a nice ultra portable 12" screen. I'm sad that apple no longer does 12" screens because I love their portablity.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.