where else might I find random useless files I need to delete?

Reaction score
Once upon a time, I randomly came across this folder on my HD full of useless crap.

Here is where it is located: Users/JamieLynn/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/FlashPlayer/macromedia.com/support.flashplayer/sys

Now it looks like these have something to do with my settings for these sites that use flash? Heck, I don't really know. But looking through this list of sites, most of them I only went on once or twice. So it's not like I need anything from them saved.

I'm planning on deleting pretty much everything in this folder.

Here's my question-

Where else would I be able to find files like this that need deleting?
I've used Onyx thinking that might delete these, but it didn't. So I'm betting that there are tons more folders like this one that need to be deleted!

Where else should I look for folders like this that are just wasting space?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
How about User > Library. I've just trawled through and there are what seem like empty folders there, but then one doesn't know if there are invisible files lurking in there. If you do a lot of file-sharing, eg. music downloads, then your Shared folder might be over-full.

An app named File Buddy is very good at tracking down orphaned files that serve no purpose. FB will also reveal invisible files.

Not so long ago I decided to transfer a lot of apps and files that I don't use, to an old external drive. But first I put those apps through CleanApp, which dragged out all associated files as well. I used the Send to Trash command, and then transferred from there to a d/top folder from where I transferred finally to the ext HD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.