hi

does anybody in here use .mac?

is it good value for money i'm thinking of signing up and switching all
email and stuff to .mac but think its a bit pricey and could do most things
with regular mac mail.

any thoughts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I love .Mac, but that just may be me. I use it for alot more than just Mail. I sync my Bookmarks to .Mac so my iMac and PowerBook always have the same bookmarks. I backup important stuff to my iDisk for safe keeping and the ability to access it anywhere (same with bookmarks). You get cool free stuff (games, garage band loops etc) as well as some good discounts on other stuff (books, programs etc). There is al ot more that is available with .Mac that I haven't even touched on, have a look around w.mac.com (outdated link removed) and see for yourself.

Plus, if you just bought a new Mac, then I think you can still get it for the discounted price of $69 for the first year.

P

Papadelta

Yeah. I agree. I use it for an extra email, for backups, and they also provide an antivirus (not that we need it) for the same low price.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.