Camino vs. Firefox

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was just wondering what were the main differences between the Camino and Firefox browsers?

Which one would you recommend, and why?

Thank you all very much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz 250GB/G4 iPod 20GB/iPod Touch 32GB/iPod Shuffle 1GB
Firefox for sure. All the ease of use of Safari, with more security against phishing, and with more features (add ons, customizeable themes, etc..)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Camino is still amateur hour! Watch that voting!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
I'm voting for Camino.

It feels faster and more "mac'ish". I don't really need any of the firefox plugins except a better Delicious integration would be nice.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I will vote for Camino also for it's more OSX like interface although Firefox 3 is getting there and quite nice. I do love Firefox but try and support the little guy in the crowd. :D

Reaction score
I prefer Firefox because of all the addons, themes, etc. It's basically a browser that you can customize to do exactly what you need it to.

Reaction score
Firefox for sure. Plus, it has the IE tabs addon allowing you to view any page in IE inside Firefox (I use this for Netflix).

Reaction score
My vote is for firefox I have been using it for a long time without problems, I'm going to try camini though

Reaction score
Awhile ago I would have said Camino, but with the FF theme, noscript, FF is faster now, safer, and Camino is going backwards as FF is turning into the Mac choice of browsers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I've very recently been trying out several browsers, and of all I think I'm coming round to Camino. Firefox is slow to get out of bed, it seems to me, after using Camino to do the same browser activity, that FF is bloated and sluggish by comparison. Sure, FF has more custom features. In fact, I get the impression that Camino is a sort-of FFox little brother, they do after all come from the same stable.
As of today's date, my preference list:
1. Camino
2. Firefox
3. iCab
4. Safari
5. Opera

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
I use Safari for no reason whats so ever :D anyway, Camino should be completely 64bit and thus faster

the version of Camino i had didn't allow tabs to be dragged and change the order, they've probably solved that by now

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Camino fails the ACID2 test
The Second Acid Test
Firefox, chrome, opera, and safari passed

If you want to talk Acid Standards test, Google Acid 3. Each number is a test (there are 100 to pass). Safari has passed it for almost a year now and the Webkit builds long before that. Chrome has also since it uses the same WebKit engine. Opera 10 now passes Acid 3. No other browser does. Some are very close though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.