New Switcher email problem

Reaction score
New Switcher here with a new iMac 24". Beautiful machine. I've also connected a Time Capsule. And now for a couple of questions.....

I used O2M for importing my Outlook mail, etc. I can see the files on the external drive. I've opened iMail and can receive mail, but how do I "import" the files that O2M created? My switcher book said to select File->Import Mail Boxes. Well this monitor is nice and all, but I can't see File anywhere in iMail. Same thing with address book and calendar.

Also, I have my Time Capsule connected to my iMac via ethernet. How do I know if the iMac is connected via ethernet or wireless? Can I turn OFF wireless on the iMac or is off by default if hard wired?

I have a laser printer connected via ethernet to my Time Capsule. The time capsule cannot see the laser printer although it can see a different printer that I have connected via USB. Any ideas here?

Thanks for any help.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
1. When you have Mail open, 'File' is up at the top on the menu bar.

2. Hit the Apple at the top left of the menu bar and go to System Preferences - Network for all your network setup.

3. Don't know if the Time Capsule will act as a print server or not.

OP
MarkY
Reaction score
Thanks. This monitor is so big, I didn't even see that there. I was looking inside the iMail window. I'll get the hang of this yet.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yeah, you'll get it. I was chuckling when I first read it. But, that's OK. I still make some pretty good gaffs myself and I've had mine for 2 years now.

And btw, it's just called Mail, no 'i' in front of this one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.