Insert Bootable disc?

Reaction score
Hey all,

So the other day I tried to use boot camp to put windows on my macbook (I had to do it to install a program for exams). Anyway, everything well all right but in the end I had to remove the partition because my version of windows was too old. So, I partitioned it, installed windows, realized it wasn't service pack 2, then deleted windows and removed the partition.

My problem: whenever I boot up my machine it goes to a black screen and asks for me to insert a bootable disc (or something close to that, I can't remember exactly, but that's the gist). However, if I hold the option key down when I start up, it goes to the screen where I could select Mac OS (or when I had windows, I could select windows).

Now it seems to me my computer THINKS I have a partition still or it still wants to open windows but windows is not there.

Help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
Heres what you need to do.
1. Boot into OS X
2. go to System Preferences
3. Go to Startup Disk icon.
4. Select OS X and then press the restart button. This will force it to boot from your OS X partion by default
5. Boot OS X again, Go into Applications/Utilities run the boot camp assistent
6. Choose Create or Remove Windows Partition
7. Then choose restore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.