Santa Rosa Bottom Case Replacement

Reaction score
I bought a bottom case off ebay to replace my damaged bottom, but the description said it was compatible with with both late 2007 and early 2008 Santa Rosa models. Below is the description. I am wondering if it is accurate and they are indeed interchangeable (another source I asked says they are not).

Apple MacBook Pro 15" Bottom Case MINT A1226 A1260
922-8048 * 922-8368

This is a Genuine Apple bottom case for 15" MacBook Pros.

* Matches the following part numbers: 922-8048 & 922-8368.

* Compatible with the following chipsets:
- Mid 2007 - 2.2/2.4 GHz - A1226 (Santa Rosa)
- Early 2008 - 2.4/2.6 GHz - A1260 (Santa Rosa)

I have the A1260 bottom case but an A1226 computer and want to disassemble it this weekend to swap the case out, but I really don't want to go all the way with it just to find out it's not going to work. It's somewhat of a major surgery!!

Any help on this would be swell!

Thanks

OP
R
Reaction score
Ya, ifixit was the one who told me they were not interchangeable (and the guide I am going to be using to do the dis/reassembly), but the ebayer said he (and his 3-times certified apple tech dude) guarantees it works and that they are 100% interchangeable, so basically I am left with disassembling it and finding out for myself who is right and who is not. Battle of the techies. :Confused:

OP
R
Reaction score
So for anyone geek enough to care, I will post this weekend and let you know who is right! ;)

OP
R
Reaction score
Then again, I may screw up and kill the machine entirely and it won't matter either way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.