Been going Apple crazy .... Picked up a 32gb Touch tonight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83 C2D / 4 GB ( installed ) / 80 GB
Well The past 3 months I have bought nothing but apple products , I switched over in sept with my first purchase ( mac mini ) Then my macbook 4 weeks back , and now I have upgraded from my 5th gen. 30gig video ipod to a 32gb touch . At first I was just going to get the small touch because honestly will just be using for apps ( my 30 gig was plenty for my music ) but then a buddy made me a offer to buy my 30 gig so I decided what the heck.

after an hour I'm still getting used to it but Love it of course just like the rest of my purchases but was wondering what people recommend for a screen guard and/or a case just in general for these? I went to apply a universal screen guard that I laying around but it seems like apple already has one on it? I can see a little tab in the corner. Figure maybe its fine as is and just a case/folio is needed.

Thanks for your time as always , This forum has been a great help for my switchover

If anyone can recommend any good apps would appreciate it , Iv been surfing through the store and online , Looks like some good stuff out there .. just didn't know what others liked :)

Jwile

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
For most people, a screen guard isn't really necessary. The glass is pretty hard to scratch unless you're going to be pocketing it with sand or sharp objects. I would probably recommend a case, however, as the steel back can scratch easily. I've always used my iPhone naked but that's because I find cases in general to be pretty useless for actually absorbing shock and preventing internal damage on a drop. They're mostly just for protecting the surfaces of the device. That said, I have had cases actually 'cause' cosmetic damage to my iPhone (gouge in the side and scuffs on the chrome ring) so I decided just to use it commando and just watch where I put it.

I'm sure none of that helped you.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83 C2D / 4 GB ( installed ) / 80 GB
it indeed did help , I appreciate the input ... I myself never have been a huge case fan with any of my phones or prior blackberry . They do take a beating and in the end are pretty much useless but i just like the natural feel of handheld devices .

Between my chubby hands ( bigger guy :) ) and the slimness of the second generation I think I will be looking into a Neo case from switcheasy or something similar .... Nothing crazy

Thanks again for the input bro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I'd recommend an "Invisible Shield" or more specifically a "Best Skins Ever" as they're cheaper than the IS brand.

It's a crystal clear, full body plastic film that you apply to prevent any scratches or scrapes. Obviously it won't provide any shock protection, but not many cases really do.

I've put one on all three MacBooks that I've had, and on my iPhone as well. There hasn't been anything else that I've been as happy with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
I absolutely love my Xtreme Mac case, maybe because Apple gave it to me for free lol. They messed up the engraving so due to me having to pay to ship it back they sent me the case with the new one for free. Its not bulky and makes it to much easier to grip the iPod, I love it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.