Better signal strength?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.1Ghz 250GB Hard Drive 2GB ram
Right now i have a wireless-n router with two PC's and a Mac using its signal. It works for the most part very well, except one of the PC's on the other side of the house can barely get the signal(we have thick walls). I would really like to get an AirPort Extreme Base Station because of the extra features like sharing a printer, music, etc. It is somewhat costly though. I was wondering how does the base station compare in signal strength to other routers(i currently have a linskys) Thanx for any advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Using n its one of the strongest out there running g its comparable with the rest but the extra function of being able
to add an external hard-drive and use Time Machine is worth it.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'd say it's pretty strong. I have mine setup in the living room with the printers and stuff tucked under the sofa.

I can get a signal all the way from my garage. That's like through at least 5 walls, and a few closed doors.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.