Yahoo notifier

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a quick question. Is there a yahoo notifier for Safari? On the Mozilla, I used to have one and it's very convenient, as I don't have to check the mail, to know if I have a new message or not.

RM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The problem with a Safari-based notifier is you'd have to have Safari open. I'd instead use something like YMail. It sits in your menubar and periodically checks for new Yahoo mail.

Alternatively, there are a couple widgets that do the same thing. However, you'd either have to open the Dashboard to access the widget, or use an app called Amnesty to let the widget run openly off the Dashboard.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks. I checked YMail but I couldn't find Leopard version. Is there one for Leopard? In fact, I don't have problem with having Safari open- I almost never close it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Well it's possible it runs on Leopard... the developer apparently is no longer working on it, thus the lack of an official update stating that it does. If it does. One can only try. Barring that, the widget options may work out best.

EDIT: I just checked the homepage for the app... the author indicates that the app needs updating to accomodate some new api used by Yahoo Mail. So... it probably doesn't work at all now.

EDIT 2: There are no Safari add-ons I know of that do this either. Here's a link to a site that has all-things Safari:
Pimp My Safari

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.