What would you guys suggest?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
ok, so i'm tired of carrying the MBP in my bag. with all the books it never quite fits perfectly, even with the computer bag i have. also, i hate carrying the power adapter with me and searching for a plug after my first class. so, i wonder if a 12" ibook would be worth picking up. especially since i can get one fairly cheap and have an extra battery in my pocket. would you guys recommend a G3 or a G4?? i'm only going to run a web browser, Word, PowerPoint and the occasional itunes/ movie in between classes. is this something worth looking into??

miu

Reaction score
G4, without discussion
Especially if it's an iBook
Look carefully to the OS that it's running, and the minimum requested for (at least) the 10.4 because the previous OS are not supported by most of the programs
BTW, I've a Powerbook 12 G4 still perfectly working and I have to say that it's a pleasure to bring it around ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
G4. You're better off getting a Titanium Powerbook in my honest opinion. But if you really want an iBook, I'd suggest a G4.

I wouldn't bring a MBP to school anyways...I'd be too scared of getting it stolen!

pod

Reaction score
I have a 1.33GHz 12" G4 iBook - the Mid '05 last generation model - great little machine and the one to go for in my opinion.

You won't spend big money and it won't be as 'precious' as the MBP so you won't worry as much about it getting stolen/damaged. I bought mine off ebay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
You're better off getting a Titanium Powerbook in my honest opinion

That would be even bigger than the MBP!

If you can, I would go for a 12" PowerBook. Smaller than any iBook, faster, and just a great little machine. It would be more expensive than an iBook but still very affordable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.