Bluetooth Headphones for your Mac?

Reaction score
Hi,

Do any of you use bluetooth headphones for your Mac OS X computer that you'd recommend?

I have a macbook pro and am in the market for some decent bluetooth headphones.

I spent a couple hours searching for some good ones on ebay, Amazon. THe most popular result that appears is the Motorola S9, which is extremely cheap, however, reading reviews will reveal that if you sweat a little, then the headphones are surely going to die.

I then saw some Jabra ones, but they were older I believe, and I'm not certain if they're going to work on my macbook - i'm very n00b with hardware lol, just learned about firewire only this year.

Any that you use and recommend? I want to be able to work out with them as well. Cost is not an issue as long as they're under $100. Appearance is not an issue too. I don't need amazing-super-stereo-sound-quality either. Just something I can wear and watch movies on my laptop while working out, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
Hi,

Do any of you use bluetooth headphones for your Mac OS X computer that you'd recommend?

I spent a couple hours searching for some good ones on ebay, Amazon. THe most popular result that appears is the Motorola S9, which is extremely cheap, however, reading reviews will reveal that if you sweat a little, then the headphones are surely going to die.

I then saw some Jabra ones, but they were older I believe, and I'm not certain if they're going to work on my macbook - i'm very n00b with hardware lol, just learned about firewire only this year.

Any that you use and recommend? I want to be able to work out with them as well. Cost is not an issue as long as they're under $100. Appearance is not an issue too. I don't need amazing-super-stereo-sound-quality either. Just something I can wear and watch movies on my laptop while working out, etc.

I had these for a period of time:

Amazon.com: Stereo Bluetooth Headphones: Electronics

Sound quality was decent and the battery life was excellent. Depending on how your head is shaped, they can be uncomfortable to wear.

You could use them to workout with but as you can see, they are kind of bulky and will draw some looks because of how they look when you are wearing them.

I currently use this for my phone/macbook:

Amazon.com: Jabra BT-3030 Bluetooth Headset: Electronics

Obvious downside: you still have a wires dangling around everywhere. But on the upside, you can plug any standard pair of 3.5 mm headphones into this. So you COULD work out with this if you use earbuds. You can hang it around your neck under your shirt. It's what i usually do anyways when it is connected to my phone.

Also comes with a belt clip so it is versatile. Battery life on this is excellent. I can listen to streaming music for about 6-8 hours.

I've researched bluetooth stereo headsets quite a bit and there doesn't seem to be a huge market for them, don't know why...

Motorola makes some DJ style bluetooth headphones but I don't think you would want to work out in those..

Hope you find what you are looking for!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I will let you know I think my wife is getting me a Plantronics
that will allow me to pair it with my i-phone and my MBP so
far my Motorola 500 doesn't cut it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD
Hi,

I have been using the Plantronics 590 with my MacBook Pro and have been very happy with them. They can also be used as a "headset", so you can use them with calls on Skype for example.

However, if you have a late 2008 MacBook Pro, I would maybe reconsider. Right now, under the latest Leopard update 10.5.6, my Plantronics, which used to work beautifully with my previous MacBook Pro (2006) are unusable with my late 2008 MacBook Pro 17. I hear a very serious distortion background noise all the time and I had to plug them in instead. It looks like Apple did change the Bluetooth hardware in the late 2008 MacBook Pro and MacBook Air and the driver for this new hardware is simply not on par with what you would expect from Apple. Another example: I have been able many times to access the internet on my older MacBook Pro by using my Samsung Blackjack phone over Bluetooth. With my new MacBook Pro, I can connect to the phone but that's pretty much it. The network speed is abysmal and totally unusable. The reason why I'm thinking it's a driver problem is that many people have used the same Bluetooth services on the same laptop by rebooting in Windows under BootCamp...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.