Connecting AlumMB to 26LG30

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just got my AlumMB (for 100 bucks as Genius Bar gave me a 1200 credit bc my WhiteBook was crapping out) and would like to connect it to my TV (26" LG30). I am under the assumption that I need the following:

mini displayport to DVI connected to a DVI to HDMI (is this correct?) I am on a limited budget so I want to get this right the first time. Also, I don't know which DVI to HDMI cable I need (DVI-I or DVI-D, etc.) which is why I am seeking your advice.

Am I on the right track with this:

Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

and this

eBay (I saw this on another forum, and felt like it was a decent price, but is it comparable to best buy, etc. prices?)

Ok, thanks so much for your help in advance. Really psyched to get this going.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I have one of these I use with my MBP - 6' cable - $9 incl'g shipping

And one of these - 16' - $28

And the adapter looks to be a DVI-D.

OP
M
Reaction score
I have one of these I use with my MBP - 6' cable - $9 incl'g shipping

And one of these - 16' - $28

And the adapter looks to be a DVI-D.

So the one I bought from eBay is not any good? What DVI do I need to connect to my minidisplayport to DVI adapter? DVI-D, DVI-M, or DVI-I? I am hoping to just get this information and then I can buy it - I feel like I bought the wrong one?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.