Crashing macbook pro

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just purchased a 2nd hand macbook pro with the intel core duo 2.13ghz radeon X1600. I have been trying to play Half Life 2 and its been running really well accept for whenever it goes to load a new area it completely crashes saying its a C++ error or something. Similar things happen when i trying and play games on Windows XP via boot camp. Its doing my head in pretty bad that for some reason i cant play any games for any longer then about 5 minutes.

Any advice or has anyone had any similar issues? Is there any drivers updates i should look at or does leopard take care of all that?

Thanks in advance

Tom

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just purchased a 2nd hand macbook pro with the intel core duo 2.13ghz radeon X1600. I have been trying to play Half Life 2 and its been running really well accept for whenever it goes to load a new area it completely crashes saying its a C++ error or something. Similar things happen when i trying and play games on Windows XP via boot camp. Its doing my head in pretty bad that for some reason i cant play any games for any longer then about 5 minutes.

Any advice or has anyone had any similar issues? Is there any drivers updates i should look at or does leopard take care of all that?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro | 2.8Ghz C2D | 4 Gigs Ram | 512 Meg 9600 GT | 320 Gig Hdd
Well, I would need the exact error message to be sure, but I would start with newer drivers for the x1600 first. The ones you are using are likely VERY outdated. You always should have the latest video and audio drivers for gaming in XP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.