• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Best Looking Apple Products

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Just my $.02...
As I'm typing on my Aluminum Powerbook, I couldn't help but notice how beautiful it is...Yes I'm being serious...The way the keys type, the backlit keyboard, the location of the USB ports, and how quiet the trackpad button is in comparison to the Titanium model. I really believe the Aluminum Powerbook and the 1st series of MacBook Pros are Apple's best designed products. Just the overall look of these laptops is so gorgeous. The MacBook Pro DOES have a SIGNIFICANT leg up on my powerbook as it's a dual core processor, has more RAM and has a built in iSight...But that's just my $.02

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod touch 32gb first gen. MacBook, iBook G4 and a broken PowerBook G4 15"
They are deffinatly some good computers! Oh what are the specs on your PowerBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.0 Core 2 duo, Alienware 7700 3.2ghz, Iphone,Imac g5,Powebook 15" 1.5ghz
i love my powerbook still use it over my macbook because of just the keys but personally its getting slow :( im currently looking for a pro but cant find a reasonable one!

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
They are deffinatly some good computers! Oh what are the specs on your PowerBook?

It's a freak Powerbook. It runs just as fast as the 2.4 GHz, 2GB of RAM MacBook I had. It's a 1.67GHz with 2GB of RAM. I flippin love it. It's kinda like being with an ex girlfriend...You wonder how you went your life without it, trying to find other ones to replace it and once you get her back, you realize how happy you were with it. MARK MY WORDS I WILL NOT SELL THIS LAPTOP FOR A YEAR. O lawd I jinxed myself. *Sells it*....jk jk

i love my powerbook still use it over my macbook because of just the keys but personally its getting slow :( im currently looking for a pro but cant find a reasonable one!

Did you put 2GB of RAM in? It does wonders. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.0 Core 2 duo, Alienware 7700 3.2ghz, Iphone,Imac g5,Powebook 15" 1.5ghz
im running 1.5gbs so it should be faster idk i need a core 2 plus i like the convince of a webcam for pictures of items im selling...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Jaguar, if they could silk-screen your pic on a Mac, I'd hit it ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hahahahaha yeah idk about that comment lol. Thanks I think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
It's a freak Powerbook. It runs just as fast as the 2.4 GHz, 2GB of RAM MacBook I had. It's a 1.67GHz with 2GB of RAM. I flippin love it. It's kinda like being with an ex girlfriend...You wonder how you went your life without it, trying to find other ones to replace it and once you get her back, you realize how happy you were with it.

Did you put 2GB of RAM in? It does wonders. =)

Wow I hope my MB is nothing like my ex girlfriends or im selling this thing tomorrow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I have to say, the G4 iMac is the best looking computer Apple ever produced.

I WILL GO TO FISTICUFFS OVER THIS!

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah that one is up there too.
I still think Aluminum Powerbooks pwn it..Sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro|MacBooks|iPhones|iPods|iPad
i am partial to the good old G4 cube. i had one of those little guys and i got more comments about it and how much it looked like a piece of art rather than a computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro | 2.8Ghz C2D | 4 Gigs Ram | 512 Meg 9600 GT | 320 Gig Hdd
I really think the iPhone and the new MB and MBP are the sexiest machines Apple has ever made.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I like the powervooks right before the MBPs too, just because they didn't have the built-in isight so they looked a little more sleek with the thin bezel around the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Agreed. The other designs always seemed more "evolutionary"... I imagine the pitches went something like this:

iMac G3: Lets take a CRT monitor and stuff a computer in it!
iMac G5 / current gen: Let's take an LCD panel and stuff a computer behind it!
Cube: Let's make a small cube-shaped computer!
Mac mini: Let's make an even smaller boxy computer!

iMac G4: Let's make it look like a UFO with a crazy swivel arm!?!

I was always thinking of buying one second-hand on eBay at some point...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a mac: Windows XP, Ubunu 8:04 2GB's RAM Intel petuimu 4

Agreed. The other designs always seemed more "evolutionary"... I imagine the pitches went something like this:

iMac G3: Lets take a CRT monitor and stuff a computer in it!
iMac G5 / current gen: Let's take an LCD panel and stuff a computer behind it!
Cube: Let's make a small cube-shaped computer!
Mac mini: Let's make an even smaller boxy computer!

iMac G4: Let's make it look like a UFO with a crazy swivel arm!?!

I was always thinking of buying one second-hand on eBay at some point...

I agree with both of you. The iMac G4 is the best looking Mac/Computer (IMO) I have ever seen. It's very good looking and I just LOVE the fact you can move around the monitor. Why did they stop making them?

It's almost as fast as my PC... And I bet I can get one cheap off eBay from a PC user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
Tough question.

Depends for me. I'm a huge fan of the previous gen MBP but its either an iMac 24" (current version) or Mac Mini with ACD

Reaction score
The limited edition Twentieth Anniversary Mac, If the Jetsons had a Mac thats it.:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.